The New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association is dedicated to improving the professional lives of members of the bench and bar. Our chapter serves over 1,200 members, the largest chapter in the national organization. As a Chapter, we strive to fulfill our mission by improving the professional lives of our members in a variety of tangible ways, including:
- High quality, competitively priced CLE programs covering a wide range of practical and interesting legal issues and featuring distinguished scholars, judges and practitioners from around the U.S. Don’t miss our Annual Federal Practice Series taught by Judges and expert practitioners of the Eastern District;
- Social, philanthropic, pro bono and networking events bringing members of the federal bench and bar together, such our annual Federal Judges’ Reception and Cocktails with the Court;
- Non-partisan advocacy on behalf of the federal judiciary and practitioner;
- Award-winning newsletters, The Advocate, published by the New Orleans Chapter, and the national publication, The Federal Lawyer; and
- Discounted services at the Attorney Conference Center and Lounge in the Hale Boggs Federal Building.
In addition to supporting the national mission and vision of the Federal Bar Association, we provide:
- Advocacy – The FBA monitors and advocates on federal issues that impact the practice of federal lawyers and the courts and it keeps its members abreast of current federal issues.
- Leadership – The FBA provides opportunities for members to participate in association governance and help shape the FBA’s future while making an impact on the growth of the federal legal community.
- Communication – The FBA informs our members of current events and information important to the federal system.
- Education – The FBA provides various educational and learning opportunities at the national and local level and promotes high standards of professional competence and ethical conduct and the public they serve.
- Networking – The FBA connects members with a vast network of federal practitioners across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands and provides opportunities to socially interact. The New Orleans Chapter hosts many events throughout the year that connect the bench and bar.
- Members Only Advantages – The New Orleans Chapter provide free and discounted rates on CLEs, as well as discounts in our Attorney Conference Center.