Please join the New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association as they welcome the Hon. Jane Triche Milazzo, U.S. District Court – EDLA, and the Hon. M. Lauren Lemmon, 29th JDC, for an in-depth discussion about the similarities and differences in the state and federal rules of civil procedure – distinctions with significance. The Hon. John L. Weimer, Supreme Court of Louisiana, will moderate a discussion geared for practitioners that practice in both federal and state courts who must be familiar with the nuances among the ever-changing rules governing federal and state practice and procedure. In this seminar, the panel will address key topics such as:
- Notable similarities and areas of significant difference between the State and Federal Rules
- The difference between Notice and Fact pleading
- Exceptions and Rule 12 Motion Practice
- Notable differences between State and Federal Rules regarding discovery
- The importance of local rules
- Initial Disclosures and other Pre-Discovery procedures
This is a free program to both members and non-members!
Download the 2017 State vs. Federal Rules of Civil Procedure CLE or register online. Co-hosted by Nicholls State University College of Business, Lafourche Parish Bar Association, Terrebonne Parish Bar Association, and the St. Charles Parish Bar Association.