See our expanded digital edition with expanded coverage of the Federal Judges’ Reception and the Annual Holiday Party! Click here.
Join the New Orleans Chapter of the FBA for lunchtime CLEs this March. Federal judges and seasoned practitioners will explore the latest developments affecting your federal practice. Programs will be held in U.S. District Court at 12 noon and include one hour of CLE with a light lunch. Topics and speakers include:
- Drafting Effective Complaints and Answers with Hon. Ivan L.R. Lemelle, James Garner, and Laura Ashley on March 9, 2017
- Depositions for Federal Court Proceedings with Hon. Karen Roby and Lynn Luker on March 16, 2017
- Rule 56 Motions with Hon. Kurt D. Engelhardt, Donna Currault, and Thomas Flanagan on March 23, 2017
- Daubert Motions with Hon. Carl J. Barbier and Mark Mintz on March 28, 2017
For detailed information, please download the 2017 Federal Practice CLE Series Registration Form. Contact the New Orleans Chapter at (504) 589-7990 or email CC Kahr for additional information.
Interested in registering online?
- To register for all four programs at once with discounts, click here.
- To register for Thursday, March 9’s Drafting Effective Complaints and Answers, click here.
- To register for Thursday, March 16th’s Depositions, click here.
- To register for Thursday, March 23rd’s Rule 56 Motions, click here.
- To register for Tuesday, March 28th’s Daubert Motions, click here.
Please join the New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association for a discussion on ethics and professionalism on April 6th from 3 to 5 pm. The Annual Judge Alvin B. Rubin Symposium is a living memorial to Judge Rubin’s contribution to federal jurisprudence and legal scholarship. We are thrilled to celebrate
the 25th anniversary of this program. This year’s featured speakers include the Hon. Martin Feldman, Michael Rubin, David Rubin, and Keith Jarrett.
For information, please download the 25th Annual Judge Alvin B. Rubin Registration Form or contact the Federal Bar Association by email or by phone at (504) 589-7990. To register online, click here.
Join the FBA Civil Rights Law Section, in partnership with the New Orleans Chapter for the first – and soon to be annual – Civil Rights Etouffee CLE in New Orleans on April 7, 2017. Seven hours of CLE including: Impact Litigation and Social Justice Warriors, From Training to the Streets: What are the Standards for Street Protest and First Amendment Policing?; For-Profit Policing: Fines, Fees, and Forfeitures; Pre-Trial detainees v. Post Conviction prisoners; Use of Force Continuum; “Religious Freedom” vs. LGBT Equality; Disparate Impact: Claims under the Fair Housing Act; Charters, Cybers, and Special Education; Civil Rights and Immigration Law; Medical Marijuana. For detailed information, please contact the National Civil Rights Section, go to the Civil Rights CLE webpage, or download the Civil Rights Etouffee Brochure. To register, click here.
A Lunch with the Court will be held with the Hon. Janis van Meerveld on April 12 at 12 noon. The lunch, which is arranged by the Younger Lawyers Division of the Federal Bar Association, is open
to FBA members at no cost. The Lunch with the Court program is an excellent opportunity to meet federal practitioners, to socialize with other attorneys new to the practice, and to gain valuable insight. Space is limited.